What, you really thought I’d make it the whole month of September without one post? Ok, well you were almost correct but I made the most SCRUMPTIOUS, no sugar added, paleo ‘naner bread last night that I had to share.
I am not sharing a picture, because even though it tasted amazingly good, it looked amazingly like poop. True story.
I will be remaking this shortly for a little dinner party next week I’m hosting (read: inviting friends to my house so can I force myself to tidy up the place a bit/finish some curtains) and I think that they’re going to turn into ‘naner muffins for that, so stay tuned for some photos!
Paleo ‘Naner Bread/Muffins (yes, yes, BANANA)
4 overripe bananas, mashed
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup olive oil (regular and not extra virgin, otherwise your ‘naner bread will taste like a salad)
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (whoa, spell check. Hold up. Um, am I the only one who didn’t know that “Fahrenheit” had a frickin’ H three letters in? Like, now I have to pronounce it ‘FAAAAAAH-ren-heit” until the end of time. Darn it.)
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork (it’s ok if they’re still lumpy, they’ll smooth out in the cooking a bit). Add the eggs, oil, and spices, and stir to combine.
- Dump in almond and coconut flours, and mix like a crazy person. Maybe have some high-tempo muffin-stirring music on in the background to keep you going; I won’t judge*. Don’t worry about overdoing it, as there’s no gluten in either flour so you can’t mix it too much. It’s baking, without the science! 🙂
- If you’re making muffins, fill up your muffin cups until there’s nothing left (I imagine this will fill probably 16). If you’re making a loaf, this will make one loaf in a WELL, WELL-greased loaf pan (I used coconut oil).
- Throw in the oven for 45-50 minutes for the loaf, or 35-40 for the muffins. If you can press down on the surface of the loaf/muffin and it’s lightly brown and fairly resistant to your finger, it’s done.
- Take out, let cool, and enjoy!
In other news:
-Ian, myself, and 18 other peeps are doing this 9-week Paleo Challenge. For fun. Yeah.
But seriously, we get prizes, there’s competition involved, I get to still drink wine, and well, just go here and read for yourself. http://www.lurongliving.com/challenge I will say though, that I am going to sugar-town on my birthday, which falls near the end of this 9 week period. So look for a post about upset tummy and amazing Technicolor GI issues the next day 😛
-Fall is here in the ‘Noogs, it’s quite nice, and I am glad we don’t have frost yet.
I still miss Maine’s leaves though.
-I did the benchmark “Randy” the other day for the first time RX (75 Snatches for time at 55 lbs). I am super pumped with my time of 4:01. I finished, however, and then proceeded to sneeze for about 30 minutes straight, and now two days later, I have a cold. I am a tissue-dominating machine right now. Ah well. Next time, sub-four!