Stop the presses, hold the phone, and slap my face and call my shirley, but I ate pizza tonight, and last night too!
It was GLORIOUS!
I’ve made paleo pizza before, with almond flour crust and no cheese, but this one was tops, the bomb, hot diggity, and all that. The garlic-hot pepper flake crust, the meaty homemade tomato sauce (thanks Griffiths!), the strips of pastrami. YUM.
16-oz almond flour or almond meal
4 tbs olive oil
3 tbs butter, melted
salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes to taste
Toppings (customizable, of course):
1 white onion, diced
5 strips pastrami
3 chicken sausages, sliced
4 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 qt Ziploc baggie ( 🙂 ) of homemade tomato meat sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix all crust ingredients together, spread thin on a cookie sheet (I put a piece of wax paper over the mixture and then roll it out with a glass for an even layer, and no sticking!)
3. Bake crust in oven for 20 minutes.
4. Remove partially-cooked crust. Add sauce and all toppings.
5. Put back in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
6. PUT! IN! BELLY!! OM NOM NOM!
Ian and I were talking about how wonderful this pizza was, and how it satisfies our pizza cravings. It also occurred to me that we’ll be able to tell our children that THIS is pizza. They’re never gonna know 😛
Well, of course, until they go to a party at a friends house, but with any luck they won’t like it! Mua haha!